If I stop playing Plants vs Zombies long enough to cook, this is what we'll be eating this week:
- Labor Day picnic -- potato salad, pickled beets, marinated tomatoes, corn on the cob, pickle tray, hamburgers, and hot dogs.
- "Fresh Mushroom Fettuccine" from Betty Crocker's Cook It Quick! with salad. Ingredients: fettuccine, mushrooms, Parmesan, fresh rosemary and parsley from my garden.
- Tacos and salad. Ingredients: corn tortillas, lean ground turkey from freezer, Penzeys bold taco seasoning, shredded Cabot Seriously Sharp cheddar, chopped garden cherry tomatoes, salsa, sour cream.
- Homemade "English" pizza and salad. Ingredients: tinned tuna and sweet corn, fresh sliced mushrooms, shredded mozzarella, pizza sauce, pizza dough.
- "Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Over Tortellini" from Better Homes and Gardens's Big Book of 30-Minute Meals with steamed green beans. Ingredients: tortellini, jarred roasted peppers, onion, garlic, butter, dried thyme, oregano from my garden.
- "Salsa, Bean, and Cheese Pizza" from Better Homes and Gardens's Quick-Fix Family Favorites. Ingredients: leftover corn tortillas, onion, jalapeno, garlic, low-sodium black beans, chopped fresh garden tomato, shredded cheese.