On the other hand, The Husband spent much of the weekend shovelling snow off our roof:
So who knows what the week may bring?
All I know is, I've put asparagus on the menu plan and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
- Barbecue-baked chicken breasts with Heinz baked beans ("The British Bean") and cucumber salad. Ingredients: Boneless skinless organic chicken breasts (from freezer), Lamothe's Maple Farmhouse Barbeque Sauce, cucumbers, garlic vinegar, olive oil, black pepper, dill, parsley.
- Veggie-packed tossed salad topped with diced leftover chicken, black beans, and chipotle ranch.
- "Veal with Asparagus" from Betty Crocker's Low-Carb Lifestyle Cookbook and tossed salad. Ingredients: veal scallopini, mushrooms, asparagus, white wine, thyme, garlic, shallot.
- Taste of Home's "Cottage Cheese Crab Salad" (omitting sour cream and replacing imitation crab with tiny shrimp). Ingredients: salad greens, grape tomatoes, tiny shrimp, 2% cottage cheese, green onions, celery, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, pepper.
- "Garlicky Pork with Basil" and "Harvest Roasted Vegetables" from Betty Crocker's Low-Carb Lifestyle Cookbook. Ingredients: organic pork tenderloin, basil, low-sodium chicken broth, pepper, garlic, bell pepper, onion, grape tomatoes, zucchini.
- "Easy Salsa Chicken" from Betty Crocker's Low-Carb Lifestyle Cookbook with "Best Black Beans." Ingredients: boneless skinless organic chicken breasts (from freezer), butter, zucchini, mushrooms, salsa, black beans, onion, garlic, cilantro, cayenne.