Pages

23 December 2012

Zesty Lemon Chicken, Yum!

I threw this dish together on a whim and was surprised by just how good it turned out! The chicken positively exploded with flavor and, when mixed with the noodles, there was just enough sauce to nicely coat the noodles with zesty lemon goodness. Really look forward to making this again.

Zesty Lemon Chicken

I served the chicken with an organic imported Italian pasta, strozzapreti (a kind of cavatelli), that I had leftover from one of my Italian cooking assignments. I imagine any pasta would do, including plain ol' egg noodles, but fancy-pants pasta makes it more fun.
Zesty Lemon Chicken

Ingredients
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 Tbsp butter
Juice of one lemon
¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
¼ cup white wine
2 Tbsp freeze-dried pepper flakes
1 small onion, very thinly sliced
3 servings pasta, cooked as directed
Freshly ground black pepper, as desired

Directions
Whisk together lemon juice, dressing mix, wine, and chicken broth.

Coat bottom of slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Nestle chicken thighs in bottom of insert and pour lemon juice mixture over them. Sprinkle with onions and peppers. Dot with butter. Cook on low for 6 hours.

When finished cooking, break chicken into bite-size bits (just bash them with a mixing spoon and they'll break right up). Stir in egg noodles and season with pepper as desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments (they make me *squee* like a fangirl), please don't leave comments just for the sake of promoting your own blog, product, or contest.

When you leave blatantly promotional comments, you crush my hope of building a personal connection with you and that makes me so sad, I have to spend the rest of the day looking at lolcats and eating cheese.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...